I’ve been busy – below you can find links to some of my published newspaper articles, radio, T.V. and online appearances!
My First Book!
My first book – “The Real Mum’s Guide to (Surviving) Parenthood“, wasÂ published by Orpen Press on the 5th September 2017. Â You can buy it in all good bookshops or online:
- Orpen Press -Â http://orpenpress.com/the-real-mums-guide-to-surviving-parenthood.html
- Easons -Â https://www.easons.com/the-real-mums-guide-to-surviving-parenthood-jen-hogan-9781786050328
- Amazon.co.uk -Â https://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Mums-Guide-Surviving-Parenthood/dp/1786050323
In the Press!
Check out some of my columns and articles from The Irish Times, The Irish Independent and The Irish Examiner
- Jen Hogan wins Journalist of the Year at Friends of Breastfeeding AwardsÂ
- I’m told I’m lucky because my husband pulls his weight – but why wouldn’t he?
- Time is precious – don’t use it all on after-school activities
- Lessons learned from 14 years on the school run
- I despise homework more and more with each passing year
- The four I never held in my arms but hold always in my heart
- I hate homework more now than I did as a child
- A type of homework I can actually get behind
- Why I’m a big fan of non-competitive sports days
- The complexities of being “just a mum”
- Unrealistic expectations of parenthood
- Mum guilt is going nowhere
- My boys are just as precious as their sister
- Trying to find a holiday for my brood is driving me to despair
- I never felt as alone as I did in those early days of parenthood
- The kids are all howling for another dog
- When children grow up – the hardest change of all
- Coming to terms with postnatal depression
- Are boys expected to conform to type?
- The misconceptions surrounding large familiesÂ
- How we can improve Ireland’s breastfeeding rates
- The lonely lives of many parents
- Working from home while being a parent
- Playdates – Irish style!
- I appear to have acquired a new dog and I’m not even sure I like her
- The school that doesn’t believe in homework
- Having the sex talk with my sons
- Being judged, by other mothers
- Having it all – there’s a fast one being pulled
- The politics of birthday parties
- My phone is like an extension of my arm
- Challenging gender stereotypes in children
- Eighteen summers
- Childhood obesity. How parents can say no
- Grief – Stephen Teap on coping with life after loss
- Grief – widowed at 31
- Grief – becoming a dad, without your dad
- Grief – motherhood without my mum
- Grief – when both your children die
- Grief – the devastation of stillbirth
- The loss of a teenage daughter to suicide
- Watching Love Island with the teens
- Mindful parenting, kind of!
- New Year’s resolutions
- The birthday I’ll never forget – when my son almost died
- Mother had to fundraise for palliative care for child
- Teaching children the true meaning of Christmas
- Parental Leave – why is the uptake so low?
- Mum Guilt
- Bullying in our schools
- If you won the lotto, would you work outside the home or be a stay at home parent?
- Lessons in kindness
- Parent-Teacher meetingsÂ
- Hanging on to the “stuff” of childhood
- The crazy costs of free education
- The pressure to have the perfect Christmas
- Nativity ShowsÂ – the good, the bad and the mortifying!
- Easing the emotional turmoil of first day at school
- Surviving the Summer with the children
- The pressure to STOP breastfeeding.
- Are our kids doing too much
- Caring for a child with a chronic disease
- Caring for a child with autism and adhd
- Carers – when Crumlin hospital ring on a Saturday morning
- Carers – the sandwich generation
- Carers – Dreaming of ending up in hospital, just for a break
- Carers – If something happens to me, what will happen to my children
- When pregnancy doesn’t go as planned
- Personal milestones
- Surviving the first six weeks with a newborn
- The influence of Mummy Bloggers
- Breastfeeding in public.
- Loneliness in parenthood
- Society’s outdated expectation of boys
- Should homework be abolished?
- Coping with new mum isolation
- First day at big school/montessori
- Striking that work life balance
- Throwing the perfect birthday party- without breaking the bank
- First EVER family holiday abroad
- Parental peer pressure
- The effect of birth order on your child
- Cutting the cost of back-to-school
- Seven things I’ve learnt from being a mum of seven
- Keeping your child occupied over the Summer holidays
- Managing pregnancy and the office
- What is the right age to start school?
- Maternity and birth customs around the world
- Talking to children about terrorist attacks
- Preparing for labour and delivery
- Motherhood must haves
- LauraLynn at Christmas
- What I wish I’d known about pregnancy
- surgery at just four months old
- Should health homework be compulsory?
- The Myth of the Supermum
- Afterschool activities – how many are too many?
- Tips for taking the stress out of Christmas
- Things to consider before having another child
- Countdown to the Late Late Toy Show
- Teaching our children to think of others
- Debut book for Tallaght native and mum of 7
- Do modern day parents have it tougher than the previous generation?
- They call it puppy love – coping with the loss of a pet
- Donor milk – a breastfeeding solution?
- Having a large family is hard work – and a lot of fun too
- Mum of seven shares her top parenting tips
- How to make big school a little easier for your little one
- Why breastfeeding a toddler is normal
- Are stressed out parents relying too much on virtual and online friendships
- I have seven children and I’m exhausted but I’m not sure I’m done!
- What’s the best stage of parenthood?
- What’s the best parenting style – ask the mum of seven.
- When can parents justify a term-time holiday?
- How to tell your firstborn there’s a new baby on the way
- Coping with difficult in-law relationships
- Childhood obesity and why nutrition is not the only factor
(you can also find me in Easy Parenting and Maternity and Infant magazine)
On the T.V.
RTEjr – Rearing to Go – Does middle-child syndrome really exist?
RTEjr – Rearing to Go – Headlice
RTEjr – Rearing to Go – Coping with Back to School chaos
and lots more…. including RTE – Claire Byrne Live , RTE – Today with Maura and Daithi, Virgin Media 1 – Ireland Am and Virgin Media 1 – The Elaine Show
On the Radio
RTE Radio 1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Loneliness in parenthood
RTE Radio 1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Playdates
RTE Radio 1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – The very different expectations of mums and dads
RTE Radio 1Â Â – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Non competitive school sports days
RTE Radio 1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Bullying in our schools
RTE Radio 1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Parenting as our kids become adults
RTE Radio1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Postnatal depression and The Real Mum’s Guide to Surviving Parenthood
RTE Radio 1 – Ray D’Arcy Show – Jen Hogan, winner of Journalist of the Year at the Friends of Breastfeeding awards
Newstalk – Lunchtime Live – should homework be banned for primary school children
RTE Radio 1 – Ray D’Arcy ShowÂ – why I think homework for primary school children should be abolished
Today FM – The Last Word – The financial value of stay at home parents
Newstalk – Lunchtime Live – Should voluntary contributions in schools be scrapped
Newstalk – Lunchtime Live – Is 8 too young to walk to school alone
Today FM – The Last Word – one fifth of families cannot afford to involve their children in sport
Today FM – The Last Word – Ireland’s high rates teenage binge-drinkingÂ (01:05:00) in
Today Fm – The Last Word – Do the schoolday and schoolyear need reform
Newstalk – Lunchtime Live – Is it ever OK to scold other people’s children
Newstalk FM- Betweeen the Lines – The crazy costs of free education!
Today FM- The Last Word – World Breastfeeding Week
Newstalk – Lunchtime Live -should designer shoes and clothes be banned in schools
Newstalk – Lunchtime Live – The over-sexualisation of children’s clothes
Newstalk- Lunchtime Live – teaching our children about the realities of life
Today FM- The Last Word – are advent calendars contributing to the childhood obesity epidemic?
RTE Radio 1Â – The Ray D’Arcy Show – BreastfeedingÂ
RTE Radio 1 – The Ray D’Arcy Show – Miscarriage
Newstalk -Lunchtime Live – Mum shaming and birthday parties
RTE Radio 1- The Ray D’Arcy Show – what happened this week//RTE Radio 1 – The Ray Ray D’Arcy Show – all female panelÂ
RTE Radio 1 – Like Family – Brenda Donohue
RTE Radio 1 – Like Family – Brenda Donohue
and lots, lotsÂ more including Today FM, Newstalk, East Coast Radio and Cork 96fm….
You must be logged in to post a comment.